Powered by WebAds

Monday, April 23, 2012

For the first time: First-hand account from Mavi Marmara

For the first time, this weekend, Yediot and YNet published the first-hand accounts of the IDF soldiers who were sent to neutralize Obama's BFF's terror vessel, the Mavi Marmara. Here's a small excerpt.
A few minutes earlier, safely hunched inside the IDF chopper transporting him and his comrades above the Mediterranean's dark waters, A. was convinced that he was heading to yet another routine operation: A civilian vessel carrying some peace activists. Maybe he'll encounter a few curses or some pushing and shoving; not something that a few bullets from his paintball gun won't resolve.

However, when A. and fellow Navy commandoes landed on the Mavi Marmara's deck, the above scenario shattered. And then, while sustaining the blows, A. felt a burning sensation piercing through his body. "At first, I didn't get it," he recounted this week for the first time. "I placed my hand on my stomach and didn't quite understand what was going on. Five seconds later I again placed my hand there, and felt my entire finger sinking in. All of that was happening while the terrorists were not letting go and fighting me."

And once you realized what hit you?

"I told myself: 'Damnit, I was hit by a live bullet.' I also got pissed off about it."

Nearby, A.'s comrade, Y., was also sustaining a severe beating. "My head was bruised and my left arm was hurt, because they pulverized it with their clubs," he recounted this week. "Then, at once, it happened. I switched my way of thinking – as they trained us to do – bent down to my calf, managed to pull out my handgun, and fired a bullet into the legs of each assailant."
Read the whole thing.

And the Turks want us to apologize to them? To hell with them!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google